Ms Proposch said the nominations were highlighted the quality, breadth and depth of primary care health delivered by doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and organisations across the region.
“These Gippsland Primary Health Awards recognise and honour individuals and teams who work together to improve health across Gippsland by providing health and support services to our community,” Ms Proposch said.
“This year has been a challenge for our primary care workforce who have worked tirelessly to keep our community safe and ensure their services are accessible.
Categories and finalists are:
Improved access to health services
• NSP Oversight and SMART Recovery co-facilitator at Central Gippsland Health, Teresa Strike
• The Complete Therapies Unit at Gippsland Lakes Complete Health
Innovative support for diverse communities
• Headspace Bairnsdale
• Central Clinic, Warragul
Integration and partnerships
• Wellways New Access team
• Health Promotion team – West Gippsland Healthcare Group
• Wellington Pandemic Leads Group – Inglis Medical Centre, Sale
• Royal Flying Doctor Service and Relations Australia Victoria
• Gippsland Lakes Complete Health and Lakes Entrance Aboriginal Health Association
• South Coast Partnership to Prevent Violence Against Women
• South Coast Prevention Team and South Coast Water Partnership
• Civic Park Medical Centre, Drouin
• Wellways Suicide Prevention team
• Omeo District Health
Registration to attend the annual general meeting and awards event close on 6 November. To register, go to www.gphn.org.au/events/annual-general-meeting-2020