Don’t power a house fire: CFA
The cooler weather is well and truly here which means more time spent indoors and CFA wants to make sure you don’t power a house fire.
There have been many instances that our favourite appliances cause house fires due to overheating or being damaged.
CFA Manager Community Safety Jude Kennedy said using damaged electrical equipment and appliances could result in fires; we urge people to ensure their appliances were in good working condition before plugging them in.
“People need to remember that when electrical appliances are left on for an extended period of time they could overheat and have disastrous effects,” he said.